Friday, September 10, 2010

New Port Oregon July 2010

Finally stole some pics from Susan of the parents of the bride and groom...such a good lookin group of people don't you think?

Sweet!

Zac, Alexis, Roy & Elliot Buckmaster Susan & Tracy Collett Family....Tracy is the second youngest of my siblings.


The Aquarium - Zac - Granpa Reay - Tracy - CR - Jay - Randy.



While in Oregon we got to see some of the sights....Going to the Aquarium was a great outing...loved the ocean tunnel and seeing all the displays for the Ocean life...they had a couple displays of jelly fish...didn't get a picture...they were probably my favorite...I guess I was just so entranced by the little fellows....how about this big guy....I think he liked having his picture taken...up close and personal:)




This is a replica of the biggest great white sharks mouth I think...I forced Zac to have a picture with me but he sure seemed to know a lot about sharks.






Our motel was right along the coast at New Port...this day we went to the coast it was so foggy and 50 mile an hour winds...cold to put it mildly...There was horizontal fog and ocean mist...sort of amazing though....you cannot tell from the picture but the white stuff is bird poop...(interesting I know)there are hundreds of birds on the rocks hunkered down from the wind....I use to know what kind of birds...Ill think of it later..that's what I get for waiting to blog so long.






This is the light house...well the lamp inside the light house...I loved it even though the wind was ridiculous and it was cold...I'm glad we didn't let that stop us...fascinating I say.....this is the 3rd oldest light house along the Oregon coast and the 2nd oldest that is still in use. I thought it interesting the rhythm of the light.....but I cant remember the story behind that either...when we got to our motel room this was the first thing we could see through the fog from our window.







THIS...is the light house....renovated through the years from its original way it was run. It use to have other houses and farm buildings etc....in early years families would live right on the property at the light house and they lived off what they grew themselves, didn't go to town much because they were on constant watch and caring to keep the light house working for sea men.








We went along the docks and and these little fellows were making such a racket...so fun to watch....noisy and showing off....there were about a dozen of them...you could hear them from far away. We also got to shop in the local tourist shops and eat halibut sandwiches and clam chowder...oh and bosen berry cobler...num...thanks Granpa Reay for treating us all to a scrumptious lunch in New Port Oregon!









I have these pictures out of place also....the evening after the temple we went to New Port where we went for a dinner at Roy's Aunts summer home...in the bush I guess you would say...It was a beautiful place and great dinner and visiting. Then the night of the 24th we went to the same summer home and enjoyed the reception. The vintage/modern wedding cake.









LOVE!











The wedding line...still didn't get a picture of the bride and grooms parents...I think I was just pre -occupied at these beautiful, fun young people..quite a group and they had so much fun...I'm glad to have been there. The Collett's also had a reception in August in Tucson at their home.
The Buckmasters and the Colletts know how to throw a party!











1 comment:

Conner said...

MOm,
Thanks for posting some pictures. I'm glad that you got to go up to the wedding. Seems like a pretty cool place. I'm glad that you had fun and got so spend some time with everyone. We will have to go to the aquarium in Pheonix when you are down here. I bet the kids will love it.